Thursday, August 19, 2010

stART - Warthogs Paint

I'm trying to be more intentional about the things that Drew and I do together and found this wonderful blog link up hosted by A Mommy's Adventures called stART. I'm hoping that this will not only give me some great ideas, but will give me a schedule of sorts and some accountability and motivation to post our activities!

For this week's installment we read the book Warthogs Paint by Pamela Duncan Edwards. It's the story of a family of warthogs who are stuck inside on a rainy day and decide to paint. They start with the basic primary colors and then mix them up to make the secondary colors. It hasn't been rainy around here, but it's definitely too hot to play outside for very long.

We set up the easel in the kitchen and started with only yellow, red, and blue paints. Then we mixed up the colors to make green, orange, and purple. Drew had a great time painting and created quite a masterpiece!

Mixing up the colors
Deep in concentration, an artist at work...
The finished masterpiece

For more great stART ideas check back at A Mommy's Adventures.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is a favorite book at our house! I love the finished painting it really came out great. Thank you for linking up to stART I am so glad that you are able to join us in sharing ideas.