Day 2 of the 31 days to clean challenge focused on giving life to our domains. I'll admit, this wasn't something that I'd ever really thought about - at least not in the way the book encouraged us to think. In John 10:10, Jesus says "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." That got me thinking about the difference between just existing and going through our daily lives and actually living in the moment and creating memories along the way. It's not always an easy task to accomplish, but I pray that we will be more aware of the things that we can do to "give life" to our homes and our families. Today I tried to be more intentional about stopping and looking at my boys and truly engaging in what they were doing. We went to a new park this morning and enjoyed running around and exploring. I smiled and called the checker at Walmart by name and asked how his day was going. There are so many little things we can do to "give life" and hopefully we can create positive atmospheres and environments for our sphere of influence.
The "Martha" Challenge was to clean out the refrigerator and freezer. I had to break it up over the course of the day (and I still need to finish up the freezer), but it makes my heart smile to see it shining back at me. Now, does anyone have any ideas for how to clean stainless steel appliances? It seems like no matter what I do I'm left with strange water streaks and spots. Any ideas??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Stainless steel - they make stainless steel cleaner (a spray on or wipes) for appliances) but I have also heard pledge...(from the lady who cleans Scott's house)
Post a Comment