Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 9 & 10

Wow, these challenges are really hitting home with me.  It's definitely causing me to change the way I see the work I have to do and is helping me adjust my attitude.  Day 9 was about laziness.  I've begun to realize that we all have a bit of a lazy streak within us and recognizing that is the first hurdle.  It's easy to explain away our laziness and claim just being tired or overwhelmed.  I think sometimes we just need a reminder to get up and get moving.  God's grace is sufficient and he will provide for us!  The Mary challenge asked us to pray for a spirit of diligence, something I know I could use more of.  The Day 9 Martha challenge was to sweep, vacuum, and mop the kitchen floors.  I'll admit I didn't get this done on day 9 (it was just too much to work into a day of playing with my precious boys - and refereeing when they weren't being so precious), but I did finish it the next day.

Day 10 focused on how to keep ourselves from feeling overwhelmed.  This is a big one for me and I think her suggestions are great - nothing really new, but a good reminder.  I'm slowly working through these things and I can tell that they're making a difference in the way I feel about our house and the things that I need to do.  The Martha challenge was to wash the windows in the living room and clean the blinds.  It's such a small thing, but it's made a huge difference!  I love seeing shining windows!!

How are you doing?  Are you being challenged?

No comments: