Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 6

How appropriate that Day 6 focused on the "Six List."  The idea behind the list is to write out the 6 most important things that you need to accomplish the following day and then systematically work your way through them.  I'm definitely a list maker, so this idea is right up my alley.  I must admit, I sometimes make a list and then when I do something that's not on the list I'll add it just so I can cross it off and feel as if I've accomplished something.  When I have a list of tasks I find that I am much more likely to get stuff done and feel like I've been productive.  I need to get more disciplined about setting out my priorities, but this is a process. 

The Martha challenge was to clean and organize your kitchen cabinets.  Thankfully this wasn't as big a challenge for me as it seemed at first glance.  When we moved into our new house my sister helped me go through our kitchen and we purged out the things that we no longer needed and organized all the cabinets.  I've purged a few more things over the next year and it certainly makes it easier to keep things clean and organized when you don't have things spilling out of every nook and cranny.  I took things out one shelf at a time and wiped out all the cabinets and then made sure to put things back neatly.  (Tomorrow is the pantry - which will definitely be a bigger challenge!!)

No comments: