Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WFMW - Back to School Edition



Welcome to Works for Me Wednesday, hosted by Kristen at We Are That Family. This week is a themed week with lots of great back to school ideas. My boys are too young for school, but as a former kindergarten teacher I wanted to share a tip. Take advantage of all the great back-to-school sales and stock up on extra supplies!! By the middle of the school year crayons are broken and worn down, glue sticks have dried out, pencils are getting used up, etc. So, double up on a few of the consumable supplies from the supply list and store them away for a few months (just don't forget where you put them!). You (and your student and their teacher) will be glad you did!!! (School supplies also make a great teacher gift - many teachers have to use their own money to fill the gaps.)


3 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing. I especially love the idea of gifting some to the teachers. As a teacher I will say that we do go out of pocket for supplies more than people realize!

:)

Stop by my blog and visit me!

Kristen said...

You are one of the WFMW winners! Congrats! Can you email me?

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your win! This is a good tip. I like to buy crayons and markers for stocking stuffers, too.