Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday - Hanging Baby Clothes


It's time again for "Works for Me Wednesday" hosted by Kristen at We Are That Family. This week my tip is one that was given to me before the birth of my first son. Most new moms are inundated with new clothes for their new bundle of joy. In my experience most of these clothes are size newborn or 0-3 months. Most babies grow so quickly those first few months that often clothes only get worn once or twice before they are outgrown. In an attempt to make sure that every outfit gets worn at least once, my tip is to hang everything up by size/length. Now, you have to be careful here, because baby clothes sizes are far from standard. What is a 0-3 in one brand may be the same as a 3-6 in another. In addition, there is often great discrepancy in size even in the same brand. (I know I had several sets of onesies that came together, were the same brand, were marked the same size, and yet differed by as much as 1 1/2 inches in length.) So, after you've washed and dried the new clothes measure them against each other and hang them from shortest to longest in the closet. Then you'll be able to make sure you get to everything, instead of reaching for a new outfit, only to find that it's already too short!
For more great tips, head over to Works for Me Wednesday at We Are That Family!

1 comment:

The Activity Mom said...

Your blog caught my attention on What works for me Wed. I'm getting organized for another baby on the way and this is a great tip!

I also make hanging closet tags to divide the clothes by size (usually to match the nursery decor). It is really helpful.

Take a look at these at my Etsy shop to see what I mean....
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6049941